AlwaysWoW! For a Great Great WoW in Life

Thoughts from me about things that are cool, that are WoW, that blow me away. Observations about businesses and people from a wide variety of life. Daily encounters - and thoughts outside the box, inside the box and without any box. New thinking, and challenging old thinking. Passionate about life, about respect, and about integrity.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Marina in Tioman - Project is stopped

I wrote about the Tioman project this week (http://alwayswow.blogspot.com/2004/09/tioman-and-marina-some-definitions.html), expressing my hope that the plan to build a marina in Tioman Island would not go through. The island is simply too beautiful. Well, there was a lot of protest on the island, and now the New Straits Times reports that “The Government will issue a stop work order on the developer of the RM40 million marina project off Kampung Tekek in Pulau Tioman with immediate effect. The order will only be lifted once the developer submits an Environment Management Plan on how the coral reefs will be preserved and managed.

(http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Friday/National/20040910075423/Article/indexb_html)

This means that while something will go on there, at least the project is stopped for the time being. I am happy (or am I too optimistic?)! Malaysia is really changing.

|

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory