AlwaysWoW! For a Great Great WoW in Life

Thoughts from me about things that are cool, that are WoW, that blow me away. Observations about businesses and people from a wide variety of life. Daily encounters - and thoughts outside the box, inside the box and without any box. New thinking, and challenging old thinking. Passionate about life, about respect, and about integrity.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Spam - Or, we live in reverse mode

I don’t know what is happening, but I liked (see the past tense) Yahoo account. My account name always_wow@yahoo.com.sg is fitting to my perspective of life, and, of course, to the name of my “beloved” Blog.

I liked Yahoo even more when they increased their storage capacity, and it somewhat becomes my main email address – I have a couple in Gmail, and in Hotmail as well.
In addition to this, they said that they don’t count spam towards the total quota – which is enticing customers to stay with Yahoo in this age of spam. Somehow, I was always lucky that I didn’t get too much spam, but since publish more frequently, spam is also increasing.
Lately, I constantly get something from a nerd called Jjohnrose, clearly spam.

What was annoying is that some of the news I subscribe to was labeled Spam – since I know this, I am checking my spam folder as well. When it happens, I politely click the button on top that says – No Spam – and Yahoo’s responding webpage, as nice as it is, always says, “Thank you – blabla - don’t know the rest anymore, but that my action would help them to make their spam filter more efficient.”

Now, something dramatic is happening – since two days or so, my favourite blogging and e-mail partner from http://mdmafia.blogspot.com is labeled spam by Yahoo. So how? I already clicked the “No Spam” button – I believe she is human (hey, I am kidding), so how can the machines label her differently. Today, Spam was in my “normal” inbox, instead of where it belongs – the spam box. We live in reverse mode, it seems.

|

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory