AlwaysWoW! For a Great Great WoW in Life

Thoughts from me about things that are cool, that are WoW, that blow me away. Observations about businesses and people from a wide variety of life. Daily encounters - and thoughts outside the box, inside the box and without any box. New thinking, and challenging old thinking. Passionate about life, about respect, and about integrity.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Yahoo's toolbar has anti-spyware

That is one of the newest features on the Yahoo toolbar. So I have two toolbars. One is from Google and one is from Yahoo.

I installed Yahoo's because of the anti-spyware addition, and I think it is great. At least I can uninstall other programs (such as Spysweeper) that run on trial period on my computer and where the trial period has expired. I was thinking of subscribing to Spysweeper, because I actually think their program is working great. But now ....

What I don't like at Yahoo is the Software License Agreement that one has to tick in order to be "allowed" to run the software.

It says:
"Yahoo! reserves the right to update and change, from time to time, this Software License and all documents incorporated by reference. You can always find the most recent version of this Software License at http://docs.yahoo.com/info/cpn/eula/. Yahoo! may change this Software License by posting a new version without notice to you. Use of the Yahoo! Software after such change constitutes acceptance of such changes. "

How often will I check this weblink? I will only check it (may be), when Yahoo will start to charge something or something else happens. This paragraph puts the onus on me. Of course I am happy if they update the software, for sure. But I am also always suspicious, what happens in the background. Not that I think that something "bad" is happening. I trust Yahoo. But still - it is a large corporation and I am just a little light. Am I too suspicious?

|

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory