AlwaysWoW! For a Great Great WoW in Life

Thoughts from me about things that are cool, that are WoW, that blow me away. Observations about businesses and people from a wide variety of life. Daily encounters - and thoughts outside the box, inside the box and without any box. New thinking, and challenging old thinking. Passionate about life, about respect, and about integrity.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Studying forbidden



I saw this picture at the outside window of Singapore's Changi Airport yesterday. It is a sign showing all the activities that are forbidden in the airport.

The upper right picture says "No Studying". No studying? Hey - I am working on my computer - is this studying? Can I only play Solitaire?

Or what if I am reading the newspaper or a magazine - Cannot, lah? Forbidden in here, go out?

I understand the intention - they want to avoid crowds of students coming in and study in, may be a restaurant - but why not? Is a group of busily studying students destroying a perception of Singapore - like, "hey, sorry, our students study, where they are not suppose to study?"

Excuse me? Isn't it better to study at an airport than to be a tout? Or to just hang out? (which is probably punished anyway). I just don't understand rules sometimes!

|

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory