AlwaysWoW! For a Great Great WoW in Life

Thoughts from me about things that are cool, that are WoW, that blow me away. Observations about businesses and people from a wide variety of life. Daily encounters - and thoughts outside the box, inside the box and without any box. New thinking, and challenging old thinking. Passionate about life, about respect, and about integrity.

Friday, July 23, 2004

Ballroom Dancing and a Proton Saga

Okay - here we go and this is embarrassing.  My wife and I decided - really honestly - to go to take some lessons.  Where did we end up?  Eating steaks with my in-laws in Victoria Station in Damansara.

They came to visit us - while annnouced earlier, we didn't realise that there would be a clash of interest. At least no clash of twisting feet, hehe.  So instead of dancing, we stuffed ourselves.  The food was great, way too much, the service also good - not as good as last time, so.  But I am nagging.

So may be we try again at a later stage to go on stage and dance.  But hey - we change our car.  My in-laws brought down a newer car than the one I am driving now.  I am currently driving a black Daihatsu Charada - ages old. I think, it was built in the end of the 1980s or so - yes, that old.  But the engine was great, the steering wheel, a bit cracky. 

And I always said, that I am driving a 20% Toyota, since Daihatsu is 20% owned by Daihatsu. In addition, do you know that Perodua and Daihatsu have a joint venture or so? 

Okay - now I am driving a Proton Saga - again, it is not the newest one - about 4 years old or so, but it is a beauty, much more spacious.  And as a German - I see more the fucntionality of a car.  It brings me from point A to point B in so and so many minutes.  It is actually fun, to see a fast moving, "upgraded" car, zooming by, driving left, cutting right, and than, waiting at the red traffic light with all the others.  This driver is then waiting longer - I come to the traffic light, rolling the last couple of meters, and when I arrive, the traffic light turns green.  You can save fuel, when you do this as well - it is called smart driving - no kidding. 

Not sure why I wrote all of this - this is worth another entry, actually - but I change the title already (the first version was: Ballroom dancing - what happened) and now it fits.

  

  

 

|

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory