AlwaysWoW! For a Great Great WoW in Life

Thoughts from me about things that are cool, that are WoW, that blow me away. Observations about businesses and people from a wide variety of life. Daily encounters - and thoughts outside the box, inside the box and without any box. New thinking, and challenging old thinking. Passionate about life, about respect, and about integrity.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Tom Peters: This I believe - a document or statement

How to survive in challenging times? How to be different? Is it better to be different or to conform to the norm?

Wel,, I don't have a solution mix to this, but I know that I have learnt a lot from books written by Tom Peters. I"love" the guy - and I wrote about him earlier in this blog already (http://alwayswow.blogspot.com/2003_10_01_alwayswow_archive.html ).

I guess most of you have read about him already, have heard him somewhere or read one of his many, many books.

I came across him back in 2000 for the first time - yeah, I know, that this is late, but back than, I was busily doing other things. I bought some of his books - BrandYou 50, The Project 50, The Service Firm 50.

All these three books just blew me away and I thought, yes, that's it, that is what is needed, that is what I am thinking, and wow, so nicely said. Now I live much more passionately, I do understand better what is happening, and see opportunities in many places, instead of problems. New ideas, new concepts. And yes, I frequent his own webpage at http://www.tompeters.com .

His newest contribution is NOT Re-Imagine, a book that is available in the bookshops here in Malaysia but one that is published on a great new webpage called http://www.changethis.com , that features a lot of different "authors", contributors or thought leaders/ contributors.

It is called This I Believe and summarises 60 statements of Tom - one for each of his years - he turned 60 recently. I wish I would be as lively, as agile, when I am 60. I believe Tom is more agile than many of the 20s, 30s, 40, or 50s that can be found in many organisations.

The "paper", more than 60 pages long, can be downloaded for free. It is not an "actionbook" but very nicely introduces his thinking, and what he believes is required from all of us to "survive" and thrive in the 21st century. Sure, there are contradictions in the documents, and repetitions, but WTH, this is a statement, and we all repeat ourselves. It doesn't also provide the deepness of his thinking that comes to bear in Re-Imagine, but this is because it is a shortened version of everything there is. I love it.

You can download the document when you click at the link:


http://www.changethis.com/pdf/2.01.ThisIBelieve.pdf


|

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory