AlwaysWoW! For a Great Great WoW in Life

Thoughts from me about things that are cool, that are WoW, that blow me away. Observations about businesses and people from a wide variety of life. Daily encounters - and thoughts outside the box, inside the box and without any box. New thinking, and challenging old thinking. Passionate about life, about respect, and about integrity.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Citibank - they don't want to have my business

It is really interesting. One time, I am seen as a rich Mat Salleh who will definitely not purchase something in some Second Hand Bookshop.

Than, again, I am the Mat Salleh, who is not worthwhile to make business with. I went to Citibank recently to refinance my mortgage. I have a housing loan with HSBC and while I like HSBC and their treatment (serious!), their interest is just too high, especially now, when Bank Lending Rates (BLR) are so low.

So off I went with all the papers required and applied for a refinancing loan with Citibank. There shouldn't be a problem, was my thinking. I have a job and earn regular income, I have my employment pass, I am in Malaysia for a very long time, am married to a Malaysian - so show the roots that are required.

But than, I was waiting and waiting for the call of the credit assistant. It didn't come and well, so I called, and was told that my application has been rejected. Citibank in Malaysia and Singapore doesn't allow refinancing of loans for foreigners - is it because I could run away? Where is the risk, do I ask? If I really run away they would have the access to the condominium! Gosh, the moment I have a mortgage on my condominium, it basically belongs to the bank!

What a joke is that? But at least, the Citibank assistant provided me with a contact in Standard Chartered Bank. Talk about loyalty and service.

|

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory