AlwaysWoW! For a Great Great WoW in Life

Thoughts from me about things that are cool, that are WoW, that blow me away. Observations about businesses and people from a wide variety of life. Daily encounters - and thoughts outside the box, inside the box and without any box. New thinking, and challenging old thinking. Passionate about life, about respect, and about integrity.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Direct marketing - one more

Okay - may be this is a boring entry, or may be it will give input to other entries - I don't know, but well, this blog is also a collection of stories for me.

I flipped through a magazine called BusinessToday yesterday and found this article about this one company. Apparently, they first collect data for 12 months, than mine those data for their clients following the Pareto principle that states that 20% of what effects 80% of your results. In this case 20% of the customers result in 80% of the revenues (they wrote 20-25%). A common principle, successfully used in the business world.

What I didn't like too much was the way the CEO addressed the consumers in their campaign:

"After analysing the data further we blast these potentials with direct marketing and cross selling efforts."
Those who follow my blog know that I believe words can make a difference in a company and instill the ambition amongst employees to go beyond what is required.
And with regard to this, I am not sure if I want to be blasted with direct marketing efforts. Honestly, I hope that they haven't found me in their database. And I rather prefer to be cross-sold by great experiences such as those that I frequently have with my Teh Tarik guy.

|

Powered by Blogger

Blogarama - The Blog Directory